[Bioperl-l] Bioperl 1.5.2 Release

Nathan S. Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Dec 7 07:23:47 UTC 2006

I know I'm very new to Bioperl development and don't know very much yet,
so I'm probably not the best person to express the views of the Bioperl
developers or users. However, I'm sure I'm safe in saying that on behalf
of everyone associated with Bioperl a *huge* thank you must go out to
Sendu for the gargantuan effort he has put into this release.

Just looking over some of the e-mails he's sent over the past few weeks
alone, it's clear that he has devoted a huge amount of time to the
effort and in some cases with little sleep. Since there is very little
(or should I say no) monetary recognition in such an important and time
consuming role as "Release Pumpkin", I hope Sendu has a warm glow, safe
in the knowledge that his efforts have helped enormously and are clearly
recognised and fully appreciated by the Bioperl community.

Therefore, I'd just like to iterate what others have already
said.....Well done, excellent work!!!

Nath