[Bioperl-l] problems installing bioperl

Scott Cain cain at cshl.edu
Tue Dec 19 15:31:50 UTC 2006

I really don't think the BioPerl version detection is wrong.  I actually
don't check Bio::Root::Version::VERSION in Makefile.PL, I check
Bio::Graphics::Panel->api_version.  When it doesn't find the correct
api_version, it gives a warning the BioPerl 1.5.2 is not installed.  I
have seen this happen when more than one BioPerl instance is installed
and `perl Makefile.PL` finds the wrong one first.  My suggestion is to
try reinstalling BioPerl and providing the --uninst 1 argument to remove
older versions of BioPerl:

  sudo ./Build install --uninst 1

Scott