[Bioperl-l] PAML files

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Dec 18 19:33:32 UTC 2006

They are temporary names so they are deliberately random and there is
no intention of you needing them after a run since it to be cleaned
up on the fly. We use an internal method for generating tempfiles
that takes care of cleanup afterwards.  I suppose since we do all the
work within a temp directory that is cleaned up, one could have a
fixed name for the tree, alignment, and ctl files but honestly we
never expect people to be reading these filenames as they are
intended to be transient.

What problem are you having that you need the filename?

-jason