[Bioperl-l] Fuzzy Locations and GenBank

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Aug 21 20:04:45 UTC 2006

I'm not sure. It sounded more like it was the most rare variant.

Aside from Genbank, Swissprot used to use the sort of <1..30 location
a lot for feature annotation when they only had a partial peptide,
i.e., primarily in TREMBL. I'm not sure whether that's changed in
Uniprot.

Also note that the location for insertion features uses (or no
longer?) the 10.11 notation (for an insertion between bases 10 and
11). In Bioperl, that's a fuzzy location too. In this case though,
you can I guess blame it on Bioperl for using the wrong coordinate
system, as in reality there's nothing fuzzy about where the insertion
is.

	-hilmar