[Bioperl-l] Bio::Species, Bio::Taxonomy::Node overhaul

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Aug 12 14:30:18 UTC 2006

On Aug 12, 2006, at 10:07 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> Hilmar Lapp wrote:
>> Just to confirm - you have posted your summary email enumerating the
>> changes on the wiki?
>
> I added a small note to:
> http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::Species
>
> Do you think more is warranted?

The thing that should be somewhere is an authoritative list of
changes and current behavior. It looks like the bug documentation has
that in one post but then others (and quite lengthy ones) follow, so
it's not clear what still holds and nobody should be required to read
through the discussion (BTW Chris/Sendu: don't discuss such things on
bugzilla - it's by all means not meant for that purpose).

So - maybe just add a page to the wiki? It really doesn't matter that
much how it's called unless somebody chimes in here; the page can be
renamed and the content be migrated if deemed necessary later.

> Should I make a dedicated page somewhere
> regarding this? What should the page be called, where should it go?
>

>> Also, did you add a (brief!) list of the changes to
>> the Changes file?
>
> No, will do. Where would I put the changes? Add them into the 1.5.1
> section, or does the 1.5.1 section contain only the changes that were
> present at the time of its first release? Should I make a 1.5.5
> section
> instead? And should I move the Main trunk points to the new 1.5.5
> section as well?

I'm still confused as to why we are jumping from 1.5.1 to 1.5.5.
Also, I'm confused as to why some of the pre-1.5.1 changes are under
Main Trunk, and not under 1.5.1. So I guess I'm the wrong person to
answer ...

	-hilmar