[Bioperl-l] Database Retrieval

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 8 19:47:49 UTC 2006

Sendu,

I hate to say this, but rethink that deadline a little.  Sept 4 falls at the
beginning of the academic year so I will be flooded with tons of work, let
alone work on $job (postdoc, bench scientist) and try to get EUtilities in
decent shape.  So I'm doing some heavy prioritizing now; this falls further
down on the list.

It's probably the same on Sean's end as well.  Hence my thought that getting
Sean a CVS account would speed things along.

It would be nice to get 1.5.5 out by late Sept-mid Oct.  But we also need to
be realistic.

I think a basic UCSC sequence retrieval implementation using RandomAccessI
and Sean's code is doable by early to mid-September.  Again, the backend
data retrieval component is the critical part here.  I'm working on the
interfaces for other data, but that will take shape once I have a better
idea of the data that's available.  Hilmar suggested LocationI and
Annotation::Reference as a start; any other suggestions?

Chris