[Bioperl-l] Issue with Bio::SearchIO::psl (was: Bioperl bug 1977)

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 6 04:28:12 UTC 2006

As it turns out, the script you sent me back (the one which you said
was mine) gave me the answer.  It's the -w flag in the shebang line.
You had modified modified my script a bit by adding -w (I used 'use
warnings' since -w gives a ton of debugging info on Windows).  I see
the error popping up now on Mac (I haven't tried WinXP yet but will
tomorrow).

I'll give it a closer look tomorrow.  I don't think the fix you
suggested is the right one for now since it doesn't address the real
problem (the parser doesn't 'see' the end of the report), but keep it
in if it works for you.  Another workaround, w/o modifying
Bio::SearchIO::psl, is to do this:

my $result = $parser->next_result;
while (my $hit = $result->next_hit) {
	print $hit->name,"\n";
	while (my $hsp = $hit->next_hsp) {
		print "    ",$hsp->score,"\n";
	}
}

which calls next_report only once.  I don't get the error with this.

Chris