[Bioperl-l] mailing list summaries

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 5 19:24:14 UTC 2006

I posted this on the news blog already, but I want to know what people
think.  Jason has listed on the wiki a list of priorities, including a
regular summary of the mail list traffic.  I have decided to take this up
and see how it goes.

Basically, I plan on starting a weekly, possibly biweekly, summary of
mailing list traffic. These will be somewhat in the same vein as the Perl5
or Perl6 summaries and will be posted on the blog here and sent to the
bioperl-l mail list. Barring another natural disaster here, these should
start up next week (covering mail list traffic starting from April 1). The
summaries will cover traffic mainly from bioperl-l (the main mail list) but
will include biosql-l, since it's fairly low traffic, and bugs/module
updates from bioperl-guts-l.

Let me know if there are any requests/questions/gripes/etc.

Christopher Fields
Postdoctoral Researcher - Switzer Lab
Dept. of Biochemistry
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign