[Bioperl-l] RE: [Gmod-gbrowse] Translation glyph

Marc Logghe Marc.Logghe at DEVGEN.com
Thu Sep 22 02:36:03 EDT 2005

I am afraid this is currently not possible AFAIK. B::G::G::translation
is depending on Bio::Tools::CodonTable. The translate() method of the
latter only returns single amino acid codes. However, B::T::CodonTable
*is* aware of threeletter codes but only in the context of
revtranslate().
One could change the behaviour of B::T::CodonTable, though. But I don't
know whether the resulting Bio::PrimarySeq will be valid for bioperl.

Marc