[Bioperl-l] In silico Chromosome Walking

Cook, Malcolm MEC at Stowers-Institute.org
Tue Sep 13 17:38:44 EDT 2005

Ferdinand,

You might email Edwin Cuppen <ecuppen at niob.knaw.nl> (cc:ed) for help with genotrace installs.  I have locally installed genotrace using distribs he provided me.  He was also willing to add my favorite organism du jour (Sea Urchin) to the list of organisms when i asked him nicely (back in August '04 when it mattered)....

Earlier he wrote me:

	Attached is genotrace distrib file. It contains both versions 1 and 2. V1 is
	not supported anymore but well-documented. It is suitable for stand-alone
	installation. Version 2 is a web version that uses sanger ssaha server.
	Currently, there is no documentation for v2, so you'll have to figure out how
	to use it by yourself. Some quick tips:
	-There are differences in how traces are stored in v1. and v2. You need MySQL
	for v2.
	-Put files from "bin" directory to e.g. "/usr/local/bin/genotrace", and files
	from "htdocs" directory into your apache tree.
	-Check scripts in "cgi-bin" and modify $GHOME and $GBIN if necessary.
	-Check scripts in "bin" directory and modify $mysqluser.
	-Run genotrace_installDB.
	-There is a long list of prerequisite software. You'll figure it out in the
	process.

If you don't get a rise from him, email me and I'll forward the (GPL'ed) source to you...

Sorry for the brevity of my earlier response.

--Malcolm