[Bioperl-l] Please remove my name from email list

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Nov 3 14:25:05 EST 2005

There are 1500+ people subscribed to the bioperl list and 1200+ more
on the announce list.

If we had to manually take care of user sub/unsub actions we'd never
be able to actually get any other work done.

Especially as EVERY SINGLE EMAIL sent through the mailing list
contains explicit links on how to *manage your own* subscriptions.

At the footer of EVERY email you will note the following:

> Bioperl-l mailing list
> Bioperl-l at portal.open-bio.org

Following that URL will take you to a page that will let you adjust
your settings. You can even change your preferences to "digest" mode
which will only send you one email per day. You need a password and
if you don't have that handy you can just punch in your email address
to get it sent to you.

Besides the footer in EVERY email we send out, you can also find this
data in the header fields:

> bioperl-l>,
> 	<mailto:bioperl-l-request at portal.open-bio.org?subject=subscribe>

As the easily clickable link shows, besides the web management method
you can also send an email to bioperl-l-request at bioperl.org with
"unsubscribe" in the subject and the automated software will try to
do the right thing.

And finally, when subscribing to the list you also received explicit
instructions on how to do this.

Generally speaking, the volunteers who run the site and the mailing
lists are only needed to manually intervene in cases where someone
has lost access to an email account.  For every other situation the
'self serve' methods are best.

-c