[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqIO HOWTO

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 00:29:54 EST 2005

Hi folks,

 Here is one script copied from the Bio::SeqIO HOWTO:

     use Bio::SeqIO;
     my $usage = "getaccs.pl file format\n";
     my $file = shift or die $usage;
     my $format = shift or die $usage;

     my $inseq = Bio::SeqIO->new('-file'  => "<$file",
              '-format' => $format );
     while (my $seq = $inseq->next_seq) {
           print $seq->accession_number,"\n";
     }
     exit;

I have a small file called mouse.fasta kept in the
same directory. My question is that  how does the
script know to read in mouse.fasta? Where should I
make a small modification in the script?

Thanks,

Li