[Bioperl-l] Extracting a particular feature from a sequence

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Thu May 19 12:36:36 EDT 2005

+----[ michael watson (IAH-C) <michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk> (19.May.2005 11:32):

| Hi
|
| Sorry if this documentation exists, but if it does I haven't been able
| to find it.

I was about to write the same question yesterday ... you got
here first :)

I am also having the impression that this feature doesn't
exist.

[snipped]

| Just wondering if there was a method I could use to extract just a
| single feature, something really nice like:
|
| $seq->get_SeqFeature(-primary_tag => 'CDS', -locus_tag => 'STY2701');

+----]

Yes, just get one feature. I need to go over thousands of
GenBank files and check only the SOURCE feature, for me it
would be just

while ( $seq = $seqio->next_seq() ) {
 my $sourceFeat =  $seq->get_SeqFeature( -primaryTag => 'SOURCE' );
 # do my stuff
}

Fernan