[Bioperl-l] BL2SEQ

Mane, Ajay (UMR-Student) amtd9 at umr.edu
Thu Mar 31 10:15:28 EST 2005

Thanks for the reply.

I have lots of sequence pairs which i want to align. Two sequences at a time. I want to form some statistics on the alignment results. That is about the coding regions in nucleotides. I need to manually look at the coding regions everytime and do some analysis. Instead, i want to run a perl file which runs the bl2seq on blast server, gets the results, formats them to provide some statistics which i am interested in. I do not want to install blast locally on my machine. I just have lots of accession numbers in a file and want to display statistics of all of them in some file/files using a perl file. I have succeeded to a limit using the normal perl, by submitting accession numbers and getting results from blast server using http::request methods. But i want to know how to use Bioperl for this job.

Thanks,
Ajay