[Bioperl-l] Loading taxonomy data into BioSQL

SG Edwards s0460205 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 18 09:05:18 EST 2005

I find that if I manually gunzip and tar the download from ncbi then the script
finds the file nodes.dmp (N.B not sure if this is a fault with
load_ncbi_taxonomy.pl or something with my system?!)

The script then tries to load the data into the taxon table but the column
"taxon_id" type is INTEGER but the script thinks it is varchar. So either need
to change the database column to varchar or change the perl script to INTEGER.

Has anyone had this problem?!

Quoting s0460205 at sms.ed.ac.uk: