[Bioperl-l] help on getting annotations

zhihua li lzhtom at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:49:03 EST 2005

Hi netter!

I have a series of GenBank Accession Numbers(GB78091, GB90876,...) and
wanna get as much information as possible about each items. I want to know
their UniGene ID so that I can tell if there are redundancies among them; I
want to get their gene descriptions or GO annotations so as to group them
into functional groups; I want to know their KEGG pathway IDs so that I can
tell which of them are in the same biological pathway, etc.....

Of course I could submit the seris of accession numbers to each different
database (GenBank, GO, KEGG...) and get their annotations respectively. But
as the seris contains a large number of items, I think it's better to write
a perl script (or use an existing bioperl function) to have it done
automatically.

Could anyone give me a hint about how i can write the script or use the
corresponding bioperl function?  I'm new to both perl and bioperl.

Thanks a lot!