[Bioperl-l] Proposal for bio-perl updates: ACE assembly file

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Thu Mar 10 08:48:14 EST 2005

+----[ Elia Stupka <elia at tigem.it> (01.Mar.2005 10:17):

| Hi Jordan,
|
| I have been doing some work on Contig::Assembly myself recently, and
| have also been in touch with the author (Robson) about it. Perhaps the
| best thing would be for the three of us to have a chat about this
| object, try to revamp it a little with our improvements, and then
| Robson or I can check it in?
|
| regards,
|
| Elia

+----]

Hi!

We have just got a need to produce .ace files and noticed
that this functionality was lacking.

I also saw the recent thread about this topic on the list.
Question: has this moved forward since the last message was
posted (March 1st)?

If so, are the  proposed changes in a form that can be
applied and tested by others (a recursive diff, perhaps
against a recent CVS checkout or against the 1.5-release)

Thanks in advance,

Fernan