[Bioperl-l] Extraction from UniProt flatfile

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Mar 8 05:57:38 EST 2005

Stephen,

There is another alternative that may meet your needs.  The folks at
the UCSC genome browser maintain a relationalized version of uniprot
(i.e., a MySQL database) here:

http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/uniProt/database/

that is available for download.

You can connect directly to it (for SQL queries) via their genome mysql
server (open to the public).  Connection information is:

host:  genome-mysql.cse.ucsc.edu
User:  genome
password:  There isn't one (leave it blank)

Hope this helps.

Sean