[Bioperl-l] pubmed article download and storing in object

Zack Napalm fetter_fake at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:09:12 EDT 2005

how does this work exactly? the bioperl documentation seems very poor
concerning structure and content.
i have tried the following easy piece of code:

my $biblio = new Bio::Biblio;
my $bibResult = $biblio->find('p53');
my $cit = $bibResult->get_next();
print "$_\n" for @{$cit};

just a lot of numbers in an array come back, but no xml file => if i try to
print $cit directly, just byte[]=ARRAY(0x...) is printed

when i try to use Bio::DB::Biblio::eutils, the interpreter says, that this
eutils.pm isn't installed. all moduls i use work properly, though. in the
bioperl documentation is mentioned, that you shouldn't use this modul
directly, but use it via my $biblio = new Bio::Biblio (-access =>
'eutils');, which doesn't work either (eutils.pm not installed again).

how can i get a proper xml file back? is there a nice bioperl documentation
out there?