[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::CUTG behaving weird

Richard Adams Richard.Adams at ed.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 09:56:46 EDT 2005

Stefan,
I'm looking into it although I don't have access to either of those  OSs.
Does the test script (t/DBCUTG.t) run OK on both systems?

I imagine the error is coming from  the fact that the parser is trying
to parse the mitochondrial table
and I will try to sort out why that isn't parsing properly. Basically
all the DBCUTG module does to cope
with a non-unique species is just select the  first in the list based on
regexp matching, this is usually the most likely choice.

I'll put in some hopefully more challenging tests in the test script to
help find the bug. If you can run your script with
$db->verbose(1) set (using the CVS version) and send me the output I can
look into it more...

Best wishes,

Richard

--