[Bioperl-l] Re: More unresolved issues with Bio::AnnotatableI

Allen Day allenday at ucla.edu
Wed Jun 22 20:43:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

Where is the dependency on Graph::Directed introduced?  A grep through
Bio/* in bioperl-live on HEAD reveals several references in the POD to
Graph.pm, but I don't see it anywhere in the code.

I don't know if Chris Mungall's GO-Perl API removes the dependency on
Graph::Directed, but it is certainly easier to use than Bio::OntologyIO as
a means to access the OBO ontologies.  I'm willing to look into converting
Bio::Annotation::OntologyTerm to use GO::Model::* instead of
Bio::Ontology::Term, but it may interfere with other projects using the
class (e.g. bioperl-db).

Hilmar, I know you were looking at the GO-Perl codebase recently, can you
comment on any of the above?

-Allen