[Bioperl-l] pubmed not used in Bio::Annotation::Reference if medline is present

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Mon Jun 13 13:33:12 EDT 2005

+----[ Brian Osborne <brian_osborne at cognia.com> (13.Jun.2005 13:44):

| Fernan,
|
| What is the $dataFile or id?
|
| Brian O.

+----]

OK, so your question prompted me to look again in GenBank,
because I'm using GenBank files that were downloaded some
time ago ... if you go to GenBank now, there are no MEDLINE
lines. But they are in my copy of the file (I'm using the
entry for accession number AI563039 as an example,
attached). So the bug is there.  However, I don't know if
it's still relevant or worth to fix it, as it seems that
NCBI has pulled the MEDLINE line from the GenBank records.

Anyway, I'll have to download all my datasets again :(

Fernan

LOCUS       AI563039                 530 bp    mRNA    linear   EST 26-MAR-1999
DEFINITION  TENS2196 T. cruzi epimastigote normalized cDNA Library Trypanosoma
            cruzi cDNA clone 2196 5', mRNA sequence.
ACCESSION   AI563039
VERSION     AI563039.1  GI:4521421
KEYWORDS    EST.
SOURCE      Trypanosoma cruzi
  ORGANISM  Trypanosoma cruzi
            Eukaryota; Euglenozoa; Kinetoplastida; Trypanosomatidae;
            Trypanosoma; Schizotrypanum.
REFERENCE   1  (bases 1 to 530)
  AUTHORS   Verdun,R.E., Di Paolo,N.C., Urmenyi,T.P., Rondinelli,E.,
            Frasch,A.C.C. and Sanchez,D.O.
  TITLE     Gene discovery through expressed sequence tag sequencing in
            trypanosoma cruzi
  JOURNAL   Infect. Immun. 66 (11), 5393-5398 (1998)
  MEDLINE   99003155
   PUBMED   9784549
COMMENT     Contact: Sanchez D.O.