[Bioperl-l] Bioperl-ext, Staden and x86_64

Andrew.Mather at dpi.vic.gov.au Andrew.Mather at dpi.vic.gov.au
Mon Jul 25 21:24:51 EDT 2005

Hi Aaron,

Yes, it does use the autoconf build system, but unfortunately,
--enable-shared (and --enable-shared=yes) made no observable difference.

This one's got me stumped.  The older version compiles and installs without
problems on the x86 machines, but the Opterons don't seem to want to
cooperate.

Andrew

|         |           amackey at pcbi.upen|
|         |           n.edu            |
|         |           25/07/2005 10:25 |
  |       To:       Andrew.Mather at dpi.vic.gov.au                                                                                 |
  |       cc:       bioperl-l at portal.open-bio.org                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Bioperl-l] Bioperl-ext, Staden and x86_64                                                               |

I haven't looked, but if it's using an autoconf-like build system
(i.e. you first type "configure" then "make"), you may need to add "--
enable-shared" to the "configure" invocation.

-Aaron