[Bioperl-l] Something I am confused about and have not seenexplained in the docs:

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 26 04:34:15 EST 2005

Thanks, none of this seems to be documented anywhere and perhaps should
be.

Perhaps the best way to get a relatively bug-free version (as I am
suffering from some 1.4 bugs that apparently have been long fixed) is to
go cvs for all the packages at the same time and at least be at the
working edge, rather than have a missmatched hodge podge of "stable, but
buggy and way too old" versions.

BillK

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 08:58 +0000, Nathan Haigh wrote:
> The bioperl-core modules distributed as bioperl-1.4, bioperl-1.5 etc consist of the core modules and if additional functionality is
> required, you can install one/more of the following bioperl packages: the run package (bioperl-run), Ext (bioperl-ext), microarray
> (bioperl-microarray) etc. They all depend on the core bioperl package to be installed, but add additional functionality. They can be
> seen at:
> http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/index.shtml

Home!