[Bioperl-l] Reading all sequences using Bio::DB::Flat in SwissProt file

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jan 19 13:01:21 EST 2005

Kenny,

If this is something you are going to be doing often, you might want to
look at bioperl-db.  Alternatively, UCSC maintains a fully-relational
swissprot database
(http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/swissProt/database/) that
you could pretty easily load into a mysql server.  You can access their
mysql server directly (let me know if you want to do this), also, but
if you are running any kind of batch query, I would suggest you
download the tables and load them yourself (really pretty easy to do).

Sean