[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Fasta errors

Venky Nandagopal venkat at calmail.berkeley.edu
Mon Jan 3 09:23:18 EST 2005

I've been noticing some errors with Bio::DB::Fasta indices. Working with
different assemblies of a genome, I've been creating symlinks latest/ to
the latest assembly directory, and genome.fasta to the latest assembly
fasta file. When I pass latest/genome.fasta to Bio::DB::Fasta, I get a
genome.fasta.index file, and retrieval works in my script. But then when I
run a different analysis on it,  or access the same file after a while, I
get undef for sequences I know for sure to be in the database. Reindexing
will fix the problem. I'm not certain if this is simply due to the
symlinks, or a more general issue with Bio::DB::Fasta. Does anyone have
suggestions?

Venky

--
___