[Bioperl-l] bioperl.pod one revision behind?

Phillip San Miguel pmiguel at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 24 09:57:57 EST 2005

Heikki Lehvaslaiho wrote:

>On Wednesday 23 February 2005 19:26, Phillip SanMiguel wrote:
>

>>The bioperl.pod file included with bioperl-1.5.0 begins with:
>>
>>=head1 NAME
>>
>>Bioperl 1.4 - Perl Modules for Biology
>>
>>=head1 DESCRIPTION
>>

>>Why not "Bioperl 1.5"?
>>

>Oversight. Fixed.
>
>Thanks,
>
>	-Heikki

Also bioperl.pod from bioperl-1.4 on CPAN reads "Bioperl 1.3" -- or did,
earlier this week.

Speaking of which. What would be a perl one liner for determining the
version of perl installed on a machine? My current method is:

perl -e 'use Bio::Perl 99.9;'

which generates:

Bio::Perl version 99.9 required--this is only version 1.5 at -e line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
One or more DATA sections were not processed by Inline.

but there must be a more direct way.

--
Phillip SanMiguel