[Bioperl-l] TRANSFAC Bio::Matrix::PSM support

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Tue Feb 15 13:02:59 EST 2005

I am dropping support for the module parsing TRANSFAC, therefore any
changes to the format will make this parser useless. This is because of
TRANSFAC becoming increasingly restrictive and implementing their policy:
http://www.biobase.de/cgi-bin/pub/databases/transfac/getTF.cgi (I belive
you will not find this policy elsewhere which is, hmmm fishy).
I think open source code should not be providing code to proprietary
projects. I may be wrong. Of course anyone who wants can keep maintain
this module.
Stefan