[Bioperl-l] help for parsing MAST output

Stefan Kirov skirov at utk.edu
Fri Feb 11 16:20:26 EST 2005

Samet,
I am confused. Are you trying to parse MAST or MEME output?
Something like this should work for you:

use Bio::Matrix::PSM::IO;

  my $psmIO= new Bio::Matrix::PSM::IO(-file=>$file, -format=>'meme');
  while (my $psm=$psmIO->next_psm) {
  my $instances=$psm->instances;
  foreach my $instance (@{$instances}) {
    print $instance->primary_id," is found at position
",$instance->start,"\n";
  }
  }
Stefan