[Bioperl-l] volunteers needed for Bioperl

Brian Osborne brian_osborne at cognia.com
Tue Feb 1 10:52:46 EST 2005

Subhadra,

Your wish to assist is much apprciated. This list occasionally gets messages
like yours, offers to help. What's odd is that these offer letters
frequently go unanswered! There are a few reasons for this, one reason is
that there are many different things one could do, so where to start?
Another reason is that people usually work on matters of personal interest,
so the question might be "what are you interested in working on?".

Finally, remember that there are no terms and conditions or applications,
this is a volunteer open source effort where scientists and programmers have
worked to create something useful for themselves and for others.

Would you like to work on the test suite? We need that. Would you like to
fix bugs? There are a fair number of these. Would you like to work on
documentation? There are certainly things to do in that area as well, and
writing forces one to learn the material.

Brian O.