[Bioperl-l] Bioperl and Mysql

chen li chen_li3 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 01:28:23 EST 2005

Hi Hilmar,

 I download a small fasta-format sequence file from
NCBI and populate the database. But I can't retrieve
them within mysql as a root user. The biosql database
is empty. What is going on?

Thanks,

Li

[alex at cpe-65-189-147-4 biosql]$ perl
load_seqdatabase.pl --host localhost --dbname biosql
/home/alex/DB/RNA.fasta

A small part of my file:
>gi|21237774|ref|NM_139124.1| Homo sapiens
mitogen-activated protein kinase 8 interacting protein
2 (MAPK8IP2), transcript variant 3, mRNA
CGCGGGGCGGACGCCGCAGGGCGTGTCACGAGGTGAGCGGGGCGGGCCGAGCGCCGGCGCGGGGCGCGGCGAGGCTCCCG