[Bioperl-l] How do I tell what version of bioperl is installed?

Wes Barris wes.barris at csiro.au
Fri Aug 26 00:37:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install gbrowse which requires bioperl-1.5.  I am getting
a warning from the gbrowse installation that says:

Warning: prerequisite Bio::Perl 1.5 not found. We have unknown version.

The thing is that I have bioperl-1.5 installed.  How do I verify this?
Normally, I use this script to list installed modules and their versions
but it does not report a version for bioperl:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use ExtUtils::Installed;
my $instmod = ExtUtils::Installed->new();
foreach my $module ($instmod->modules()) {
    my $version = $instmod->version($module) || "???";
    print "$module -- $version\n";
    }

wes at bioweb> ~/proj/perl/installed.pl
Authen::Krb5::Simple -- 0.31