[Bioperl-l] maximum likelihood estimation

Ed Green ed at compbio.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 25 05:41:37 EDT 2005

Arne-
I quickly searched CPAN for "maximum likelihood" and "MLE" and found
nothing relevant.

If you are also a C programmer, you may be interested in the GNU
Scientific Library (GSL)
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/

GSL has nicely written and documented code for multidimensional
minimization that may be useful for you:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/gsl-ref_35.html#SEC460

I have used these functions to solve a problem like you've described, so
I could provide more information, (off this list since it wouldn't
really be bioperl-y or even perl-y) if you're interested.

Regards,

Ed Green
Max Planck Institute for
Evolutionary Anthropology