[Bioperl-l] [OT] ISO guide to human genomics DBs

Horvath, Monica (NIH/NIEHS) horvathm at niehs.nih.gov
Mon Aug 22 17:32:53 EDT 2005

If I were you, I would find yourself a copy of the database issue of NAR--
usually in January of each year.

Also, I would check out all of the gene symbol/mappings provided as options
(e.g. ensmart) or tables within the ensembl and ucsc genome browser
systems-- this would give you an idea of the type of mappings typically
desired by biologists.

I would make your application as flexible as possible to accept additional
code portions to accommodate new identification schemes because this stuff
changes constantly.

Monica M. Horvath, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics
Environmental Genomics Group