[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::SeqFeature::OntologyTypedI Proposal

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gnf.org
Thu Aug 11 17:43:07 EDT 2005

On Aug 11, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Ewan Birney wrote:

> Does anyone want to propose an alt name to
>
>   Bio::SeqFeature::OntologyTypedI?

Frankly I'd just call it Bio::SeqFeature::TypedI, or in the
unabbreviated style (which I'd personally much prefer)
Bio::SeqFeature::TypedSeqFeatureI. (We also have Bio::Seq::RichSeqI,
not Bio::Seq::RichI.)

I.e., the important cue that the name should give is (should be) that
this is a strongly typed feature. Like Chris mentioned earlier there
are different ways to achieve typing, but I don't think we will
eventually want those different ways to be distinct from each other in
Bioperl - the choice between untyped scruffy and typed tidy should
suffice.

> But for that is it ok for me to implement and commit?

I don't know why I would want to stop you :-)

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org