[Bioperl-l] RemoteBlast by Bio::Perl Through proxy

CHANDAN SINGH chandan.kr.singh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:37:23 EDT 2005

Hi all
As already mentioned i get error 500 while using Remoteblast through
Bio::Perl module .Most of the time the error is
500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (connect: No route to host)
Sometimes the error is
500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (connect: timeout)
(refer to my first mail for details )

Of late I have been trying to trace out the bug and found that
The subroutine    UserAgent ::_need_proxy         returns an undef value
in my case .
I would like to know more about this  subroutine and request all who
know about it to please respond .
Thanks
Chandan