[Bioperl-l] Remote::Blast

CHANDAN SINGH chandan.kr.singh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:31:00 EDT 2005

Hi all
I am facing the same problem and have alredy posted it on this forum .
In my case ,most of the time the error 500 is
500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (connect: No route to host)
sometimes i  also get the errror 500 as
500 Can't connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80 (connect: timeout)

hello Thiago Motta Venancio.Are u using a proxy server to connect?
I somehow suspect that it has something to do with proxy.

Of late I have been trying to trace out the bug and found that
The subroutine    UserAgent ::_need_proxy         returns an undef value
in my case .
I would like to know more about this  subroutine and request all who
know about it to please respond .
Thanks
Chandan