[Bioperl-l] extracting sequences by id from simplealign object

luisa pugliese luisa.pugliese at safan-bioinformatics.it
Thu Oct 21 10:03:37 EDT 2004

Dear all,
    now that I solved the problems on how to put strings into simplealign
objects, I have somehow the opposite problem: I would like to extract a
sequence from the alignment. I saw that there are many ways of doing it
using the sequential number of the sequence but I didn't find how to do it
using the id. Does anybody knows if this is possible and how?
Many  thanks
Luisa
Luisa Pugliese, Ph.D.
luisa.pugliese at safan-bioinformatics.it
S.A.F.AN. BIOINFORMATICS
Corso Tazzoli 215/13 -10137 Torino - ITALY
tel +39 011 3026230
fax +39 011 3165080
cell. +39 333 6130644