[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Genewise.pm problems

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 10:50:56 EST 2004

Hi

I'm on Bioperl 1.4 on linux.

Are there any particular output options I need to specify when using
genewise and the BioPerl parser?

I have a genewise output, using default options.  When I use the sample
code in Bio::Tools::Genewise, nothing is printed out.  When I use the
sample code with an example output from the wise2 package
(basic_genomic.out) I get a error trace:

EXCEPTION
MSG: Need a start
STACK Bio::Tools::Genewise::_get_strand Genewise.pm::116

Is anyone using this parser without any errors?  If so, any tips on how
to get it to work?

Thanks

Mick