[Bioperl-l] Re: help with perl script

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 26 08:06:30 EDT 2004

Josh,

I do not have such s script.

Richard Adams has been working on codon usage tables in bioperl. He might have
one.

The probelm is not too hard: Bio::Tools::CodonTable knows how to reverse
translate an amino acid:

  @codons = $myCodonTable->revtranslate('A');

Bio::DB::CUTG knows how to retrieve a Bio::CodonUsage::Table over the net. One
just has to decide what rules to follow to select the codon and concatenate
them into a sequence object sequence string. A new method into Bio::SeqUtils
on its way?

	-Heikki

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 16:51, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if you have a perl script for reverse translation of
> amino acid sequences to a specific codon usage table.  If so, would it
> be possible for me to borrow it?  Thank you very much!
>
> Josh Herbeck
> University of Washington

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho    heikki_at_ebi ac uk