[Bioperl-l] Bio::Seq weight ?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 12 13:09:02 EDT 2004

The current parsers do not read it in at all. The value is recreated using the
Bio::Tools::SeqStats::get-mol_wt() for output.

Is this crucial? What do you need it for? There are so many value sets that
differ from each other very slightly that the last digit in hardly
meaningful. If you need to verify the identity, use the checksum.

I guess I could find out what are the amino acid weights used by SWISS-PROT
programs and replace them in the SeqStats class. Is anyone relying heavily on
current values?

	-Heikki