[Bioperl-l] remove gapped colums

Shawn Hoon shawnh at stanford.edu
Tue May 11 13:55:07 EDT 2004

There are 2 methods that returns alignments with gaps or alignments
removed. Try it and see this works for you.

        remove_columns

         Title     : remove_column
         Usage     : $aln2 = $aln->remove_columns(['mismatch','weak'])
         Function  :
                     Creates an aligment with columns removed
corresponding to
                     the specified criteria.
         Returns   : a L<Bio::SimpleAlign> object
         Args      : array ref of types,
'match'|'weak'|'strong'|'mismatch'|'gaps'

        remove_gaps

         Title     : remove_gaps
         Usage     : $aln2 = $aln->remove_gaps('-')
         Function  :
                     Creates an aligment with gaps removed
         Returns   : a L<Bio::SimpleAlign> object
         Args      : a gap character(optional) if no specified,
                     taken from $self->gap_char

cheers,
shawn