[Bioperl-l] Re: Quick bio::graphics question

Adam Woolfe awoolfe at rfcgr.mrc.ac.uk
Tue May 4 12:19:39 EDT 2004

from 60000-130000 when I try doing this using the following code:

	$seqlength = 130000;
	$start = 60000;
	$end = $seqlength;
	$length = $seqlength - $start;

	#create a new Panel object
	my $panel = Bio::Graphics::Panel->new(-length => $length,
                                     	      -key_style=>'between',
				     	      -width  =>1100,
                                              -pad_left => 10,
                                              -pad_right => 10,
				              -pad_top => 10,
				              -pad_bottom => 10);

	my $full_length = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new(-start=>$start,-end=>$seqlength);

	$panel->add_track($full_length,
      		            -glyph   => 'arrow',
               		    -tick    => 2,
               		    -fgcolor => 'black',
                	    -double  => 1,
		 	    -base => 'true');

then it doesnt work. If you try and smaller figure to start (e.g. 5000)
then it works but it just shifts the ruler to the right and draws it as it
did before but just missing out the first 5000, which is obviously no
good. I also want to give it co-ordinates as before for exon structures in
the same place but I want it to draw it in the correct place in relation
to the new ruler. Can you do this?

cheers,

Adam

Adam Woolfe
Comparative Genomics Group
MRC Rosalind Franklin Centre for Genomics Research
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK
Tel: +44 1223 494500  Fax: +44 1223 494512
E-mail: awoolfe at rfcgr.mrc.ac.uk  Web: http://www.rfcgr.mrc.ac.uk