[Bioperl-l] Categorization of EST's by species/taxonomy/lineage

Mark Johnson mjohnson at watson.wustl.edu
Mon May 3 11:07:26 EDT 2004

Any port in a storm and all that, but surely there must be a simpler way.  8)

If nothing else, the blasts are not needed...I could write an entrez query
to grab nucleotide records for a given species, feed that to
Bio::DB::Query::GenBank, grab the first sequence that came back, and grab
the lineage from that.

I'm hoping there is a slightly more direct way...