[Bioperl-l] A problem parsing BLASTX 2.2.8 reports

Matthew Links mlinks at cs.usask.ca
Tue Mar 30 14:34:40 EST 2004

Sorry Jason,

Turns out I was going a little cross-eyed. I was running blast with the
default parameters for the number of one line descriptions and the
number of alignments (500 and 250 respectively). So for the 251st hit
there was no corresponding strand information and so the strand is set
to the empty string (but defined). I mis-interpreted the behaviour. I
then further confused things by grabbing the wrong example. Posting, as
you point out, an example of correct problem.

Sorry, the problem was all psychosomatic.

I think its time for a beer....

Thanks for humouring me,

Matt

--