[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Genewise

Ewan Birney birney at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 19 04:25:44 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Shawn Hoon wrote:

> You would need to add the -genesf option when running genewise.
>
> Also, you can check out the wrapper for genewise in
> Bio::Tools::Run::Genewise in the bioperl-run package.

I think -genesf is only available in the (now rather venerable) release
candidate Genewise at

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/birney/wise2.2.3-rc7.tar.gz

The reason for not releasing this is that actually I need to back out the
changes made for the case of BLOSUM62.bla (it is in fact better to keep as
backwardly compatible as possible) which all comes down to the case
insanity that is Apple's HFS+ file system not playing nicely with cvs.

(yup. That was too much detail right?)

I will try to push the Wise2 package into some sort of sanity over this
month wrt to these things and then make a proper release. For the moment,
use the release candidate above...