[Bioperl-l] Another Phylip question

Jonathan Manning bmb9jrm at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jun 4 06:04:12 EDT 2004

Hi to all,

Yep, another problem with the Phylip suite, which I was hoping either
Jason or anyone else 'in-the-know' could help me with.

The pertinent section of code is as follows:

		my ($tree) = $neighbor->run($matrix);
		my $drawfact = new 		Bio::Tools::Run::Phylo::Phylip::DrawTree();
		$drawfact->fontfile('fontfile');
  		my $treeimagefile = $drawfact->run($tree);
		print "Tree file: ", $treeimagefile, "\n";
		system ("cp $treeimagefile ./testtree");

As far as I can tell from the output the tree is being created
successfully by neighbour. For a time I was wondering why my tree files
were not present in the /tmp folder, but thinking maybe they were being
cleaned up at the end of the script, I added that last line. The copy
works, but I end up with what seems like an empty postscript file when
opened in my postscript viewer, and something like the following when
viewed in a text editor:

%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
%%Creator: Phylip
%%Title:  phylip.ps