[Bioperl-l] Few questions on whole chromosome & GFF

gtg974p at mail.gatech.edu gtg974p at mail.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 8 15:14:19 EDT 2004

Hi,
I am trying to find the positions of a particular pattern in the whole
chromosome and write the o/p in the GFF format. I have few questions (I am a
newbie, sorry if the questions are silly)

1) How do I split the whole chromosome into smaller chunks and then join it
again?

2) If I split them into say 20 different files
o/p of file (GFF)

seqID source Feature Start End Score Strand

There will be 20 different GFF files with each start & end corresponding to its

own (small chunks) file, how do I make it correspond to the whole chromosome
coordinates?

3) While writing the GFF file how can I specify that I want to sort it by
Score, by default its sorting by start?

Please help me,
Thanks,