[Bioperl-l] SearchIO

Jason Stajich jason at cgt.duhs.duke.edu
Fri Jan 30 10:20:04 EST 2004

Make sure you read the SearchIO HOWTO there is a table outlining
all of the data that is accessible in the Search objects.

Some lengths:
query sequence length:
 $result->query_length
hit sequence length
 $hit->length

HSP length (gaps in both query and hit)
 $hsp->hsp_length OR $hsp->length('total')

Query HSP length (participating in the alignment, ungapped abs(start - end))
 $hsp->query->length OR $hsp->length('query')

Hit HSP length (participating in the alignment, ungapped abs(start - end))
 $hsp->hit->length or $hsp->length('hit')

--jason