[Bioperl-l] Testing BioPerl objects for equality

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Thu Jan 29 02:45:08 EST 2004

I've got an idea for testing where I'd like to 'round-trip' through
SeqIO: read in from a file on disk, write out again with write_seq() and
then read in the file written by write_seq() and compare the two
sequence objects. If they aren't equal, it means we've got a problem.

To make this work requires some kind of equals() method on Seq,
SeqFeature, etc. This doesn't seem to be there at the moment - or am I
missing something? Maybe there should probably be some kind of
Bio::ComparableI interface which provides an equals() abstract method.